Welcome to Ganesan's world

"...show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long..."

Monday, May 22, 2006

Guruji and me





It was in 2003 September when I moved in as a P.G in a house in London owned by Mrs. Rani Kananayagam, I came to know about Swami Haridos Giri. Listening to his songs and pravachans lased with humour, I became an instant admirer of him. I was saddened to hear that he had attained jala samadhi in 1994. He inspired me to write songs, some of which I am giving below. These songs have come from my heart spontaneously and I could set tunes as well. I used to sing them during weekly bhajans in the house. These songs are in Tamil.

Guriji and me

Kannai moodi konden
gurujii dhyanam sethu vanthen
guruji enthan ulle sendrar
ahak kannai thiranthu vaithar

Kaathai moodi konden
gurujii dhyanam sethu vanthen
guruji enthan kaathil vanthu
radhe krishna enrar

Vaayai moodi konden
gurujii dhyanam sethu vanthen
guruji enthan vaayai thiranthu
harinamam paada cheythar

Kaii koopi ninren
gurujii dhyanam sethu vanthen
guruji enthan kaii patri
nal vazhiyil azhaithu chenrar

Gynanda swamikali patri

Paarkum idangellam
Gyananda unthan karunai mukam
thonruthaiya, Gyananda

Ketkum mozhikallellam
Gyananda unthan divya namam
muzhanguthaiya, Gyananda

Sankara peedathil vantha
Gyananda, engal sangadangal
theerthu vaipai, Gyananda

Kaliyuga kannane
Gyananda, engal kashtangali
pokkiduvai, Gyananda

In praise of Guru

Inbathil choolum sutram
thunbathil illai
guruvai naadinal
avarai anri veru
gathiye unakethum illai

Inbamum unathillai
thunbamum unathillai
guruvudan sernthu
harinamam paadu
adaiyum inbathirkor azhave illai

Udalum poyye
uyirum poyye
thiruvarul onre niliyane meyye
guruvarul inri thiruvarul illai
aakave guruvai nee charanamadai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home