Welcome to Ganesan's world

"...show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long..."

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Salaam Mumbai

Two occassions make me feel proud that I am a Mumbaikar.

1. In the early 90s the day there were serial bomb explosions in Mumbai, even before the situation had become normal several Mumbaikars stood in queue outside hospitals to donate blood for those injured in the bomb blasts.

2. On the terrible Tuesday last July (July27 I think) when there was heavy downpour and floods, there was no robbery, lootings and on the other hand every one helped the affected people. The story of a constable's death after saving two people from drowning and going to save the third is the noblest act.

For these two and many more unrecorded I say 'Salaam Mumbai'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home